The DECLARATION OF ARBROATH - GOLD metallic print editions - Pearl
A Limited Edition - laser printed Fine Art Metallic print! Certified by holographic certificate.
Each edition is limited to 700 copies - Choose your special number! - Or simply order the lowest number available.
The countdown to 6th April 2020 - the 700th anniversary of the Declaration of Arbroath - has begun ...and the fast approach of this momentous date in Scottish history!
The Declaration of Arbroath shines like gold leaf!
...in this exclusive series of commemorative fine art limited edition metallic prints.
Featuring the famous excerpt from the Declaration of Arbroath:
"for, as long as a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be subjected to the lordship of the English. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."
Published in three optional variants (...and supplied in a complimentary mount and black wooden frame):
The Declaration of Arbroath appears to float on a pearly pure white reflective metallic panel. Mounted with a complimentary metallic bronze mount, and framed in a classic wood frame (painted with satin black finish).
Click here to view Black Onyx
Click here to view Pewter
With each variant being published in three edition sizes:
Each edition is strictly limited to 700 certified copies!
Choose your preferred size of framed print...
- - -
730mm W x 815mm H
29" W x 32" H
- - -
800mm W x 900mm H
31.5" W x 35.4" H
- - -
900mm W x 1010mm H
35.5" W x 40" H
- - -
See the galleries below for more detailed images in the Pearl editions - and choose your preferred size of print when adding to cart:
Note - For best presentation of your Declaration of Arbroath Gold metallic print consider your positioning and lights when displayed. Photography of the pieces on my website (photographed by me!) was done with controlled lighting - spotlights - at my home studio in Arbroath, and the images captured are simply stunning.
ABOUT THE EDITIONS:
Created by Steven Patrick Sim, the Tartan Artisan
...the Declaration of Arbroath fine art gold metallic print editions are a series of exclusive digital chromogenic prints.
- Produced on the latest generation C-Type Chromira Light-jet printer. Each reflective glossy print is produced using a laser or LED light process (with RGB Light-Emitting Diodes).
- A digital image is exposed onto KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA - Premier Metallic Paper. Coated with three layers of light sensitive SILVER HALIDE crystalline emulsion (reactive to red, green and blue light).
- The print is then developed and fixed using conventional silver-based photographic chemicals. The result is a continuous tone true photographic image with stunning gold metallic luminosity ...with the ancient Scottish seals of the Declaration of Arbroath gleaming like emeralds and rubies!
...a fine art print designed to last for generations.
- Once produced the print is professionally dry mounted onto a rigid panel using an archival non-corrosive sheet of PH neutral adhesive, then guillotined prior to being framed ...resulting in a perfectly flat piece with a pure glossy finish.
- A complimentary acid-free mount and black wooden frame enhances the piece, which is displayed under premium quality reflection control glass. The result is outstanding performance with 1% or less reflection and zero image distortion.
- Produced in edition sizes of strictly 700 copies, each certified print is published in sequential order and authenticated with a numbered certificate and serialised hologram. The unique hologram ensures the art piece is genuine and appears both on the certificate and on the back of the framed metallic print.
UPDATE - Order a number of your choosing!
Print numbers by default are produced in sequential order - However, you can *NOW* choose a specific print number at time of ordering (subject to availability).
To choose a number please note your preferred number(s) in the box "Special instructions for seller" in the shopping cart.
If you decide not to request a specific number your print will be published and certified with the lowest number available.
- Your framed metallic print should be displayed in surroundings with minimal exposure to: sunlight, high temperatures, humidity and gaseous pollutants. In these favourable conditions the print is archival for approximately 100 years in typical home display. (200 years in dark storage)*.
*According to Kodak product specifications.
- Each print is supplied complete with a 20 page glossy booklet, featuring the complete and most current official translation of the Declaration of Arbroath - in both English and Latin text. Information on each of the remaining 19 seals is also included, as well as some other historical facts.
- The certificate and booklet are supplied in a quality black string and washer envelope for safe keeping.
- To see the other variant editions - choose either:
Black Onyx - OR - Pewter
GLASS & DELIVERY
(...and ordering more that one print) :
- All metallic prints will now be produced with premium quality reflection control glass only. Acrylic glazing is not available. Orders will be shipped direct from my picture framer (Aizle Picture Framing, Balfron by Glasgow, Scotland) ...to the customer's door.
- The glass fitted on your piece is manufactured with professional reflection control technology. This sometimes creates a 'Saltire Blue' optical effect. This is a natural quality to this premium glass, which will add a further (& intriguing) dimension to your limited edition art piece.
- Note - Your framed print will be packaged to be safely shipped direct to your door. Despite this in the unlikely event of glass breakage and damage during shipping please be assured your numbered piece can be re-issued against your numbered certificate, in a process similar to numbered coins being re-issued by the Royal Mint. Collection will be arrange and a replacement print re-delivered. The damaged piece would be destroyed, and only one framed print will be published and issued against any given number.
- Packaging and UK shipping to your address (fully insured) is £15 - added at checkout.
- Alternatively, orders can be collected direct from Aizle Picture Framing (Balfron by Glasgow) without incurring a shipping fee - please contact me to arrange this.
- If you are ordering more than one Declaration of Arbroath framed print, please order each one separately as packaging and shipping (for these pieces with glass) needs to be calculated individually against each print you wish to order. If you see the error in your shopping cart - "Shipping not available for the selected address", please return to your cart and remove additional prints - i.e. you can only order one print at a time.
- For orders outside the UK - Please enquire direct before placing your order as to shipping costs, and feasibility for overseas delivery.
The Declaration of Arbroath Gold Metallic Print Editions are each made to order, and can take up to 3 to 4 weeks before delivery/availability for collection (less time in off-peak periods). Please contact me for current waiting times.
These fine art metallic print editions are produced only with permission kindly granted from the National Records of Scotland, Edinburgh (2016).
The surviving copy of the document is in the keeping of the NRS, and all images of the Declaration of Arbroath (including the seals), and excerpt are:
Crown copyright, National Records of Scotland, SP13/7
Everyone notices the Declaration on my wall. It starts conversations with delivery people. I just love my Declaration. I had a very good connection when I purchased it. I was kept informed at every move. They even hand delivered it to the SNP hub where I was volunteering the week it arrived.